• You cannot reply to this topic

Harlem on Google Street View.

#1 User is offline   irishmafia Icon

• Principal of the New School
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:hip hop music

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

but you can see the corner from Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous on google maps street view

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&....01826&z=16

#2 User is offline   The Big Sleep Icon

• Big L Rarities
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

Yeah you can see the Big L mural on 140th & Lenox and the Bloodshed one on 110th & 1st too.

#3 User is offline   irishmafia Icon

• Pip
  • Interests:hip hop music

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

wow, cool

#4 User is offline   albo_killa_nyc Icon

• Puttin' It On
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:36 AM

this is where Big L took his last breath... = \

#5 User is offline   coneyisland Icon

• Pip

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

wow I neva new dis thnx fam

#6 User is offline   Smoot Icon

• Representin'
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Traveling, Reading, Gaming, Listening 2 music, Making money legit

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

Didn't knew that or bout da pic... propz bro
Posted Image

N.I.G.G.A
Never Ignorant Gettin Goals Acomplished
Rickey Smoot

#7 Guest_Kid Harlem_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:39 AM

yo albo thats not where he got hit

#8 User is offline   albo_killa_nyc Icon

• Puttin' It On
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

Its not? they said it was 45 west 139th...guess it was bullshit

#9 Guest_Kid Harlem_*

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:18 PM

yeah, thats where he lived. I walk past that block everyday when at home. he got shot between 138 and 139th and 8th. people found him with the death grip around this black gate at the entrance to this alley that goes from 8th to 7th in between the block, couldn't even recognize him. people didn't know for sure it was L that got shot that died until later that night, when his moms was just wildin in the streets. it was crazy, upper west harlem was his hood. people were wildin, and wanted blood for that shit.

yeah, i've been to that chicken place many times. they fuckin sell hash browns. I used to cop those wit mad ketchup when I was youger and shit. and that big blue and white place in the background is harlem hospital. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU GET SHOT IN HARLEM. YOU WILL DIE. go to north general, on 123rd between madison and park

This post has been edited by Kid Harlem: 08 September 2008 - 08:29 PM

#10 User is offline   bilt Icon

• Settin' It Off
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Kid Harlem @ Sep 9 2008, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, thats where he lived. I walk past that block everyday when at home. he got shot between 138 and 139th and 8th. people found him with the death grip around this black gate at the entrance to this alley that goes from 8th to 7th in between the block, couldn't even recognize him. people didn't know for sure it was L that got shot that died until later that night, when his moms was just wildin in the streets. it was crazy, upper west harlem was his hood. people were wildin, and wanted blood for that shit.

yeah, i've been to that chicken place many times. they fuckin sell hash browns. I used to cop those wit mad ketchup when I was youger and shit. and that big blue and white place in the background is harlem hospital. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU GET SHOT IN HARLEM. YOU WILL DIE. go to north general, on 123rd between madison and park

im from baltimore and im pretty sure some parts from here are similar to harlem, im guessing it was a couple people that actually saw or knew who killed big L but kept that sit silent for a lil minute right ?

damn so he was actually laying on the ground with his hand gripped real tight around a gate? thats fucked up man.

you dont have to answer this or nothing, but since its been almost ten years and harlem aint real real big, aint it people who actually know who his killer was? i mean i read on the internet that some nigga named gerard killed him, but you never can trust a hundred percent waht some website says?
and is the guy who killed him still alive, and what was what his death over, i heard like five different theories.

was any of them ditc people actually out there looking for blood, or was they playing that crazy role and not doing nothing?

man its so many question i want to ask, i know some people from harlem that live here, but i know more about big L than them, so they arent any help at all

This post has been edited by bilt: 09 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

mom moms know who i am, cause she knows who she was fuckin wit.

#11 User is offline   albo_killa_nyc Icon

• Puttin' It On
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:30 AM

^^It aint much of a secret that Gerard Woodley killed L...but the reason is what makes people think...the fact that WOODLEY was supposed to be one of his closest boys. But whatever the reason was, Woodley must have had to had been pissed off, with all those bullets he put in him...obviously shot him mad times even after he died. In his own hood he didn't know what to expect..probably enough time just to say FUCK...horrible

#12 Guest_Kid Harlem_*

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

^^gerald woodley wasn't his man like that, he was his brother's shady ass associate/business partner from further uptown.

QUOTE (bilt @ Sep 10 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im from baltimore and im pretty sure some parts from here are similar to harlem, im guessing it was a couple people that actually saw or knew who killed big L but kept that sit silent for a lil minute right ?

damn so he was actually laying on the ground with his hand gripped real tight around a gate? thats fucked up man.

you dont have to answer this or nothing, but since its been almost ten years and harlem aint real real big, aint it people who actually know who his killer was? i mean i read on the internet that some nigga named gerard killed him, but you never can trust a hundred percent waht some website says?
and is the guy who killed him still alive, and what was what his death over, i heard like five different theories.

was any of them ditc people actually out there looking for blood, or was they playing that crazy role and not doing nothing?

man its so many question i want to ask, i know some people from harlem that live here, but i know more about big L than them, so they arent any help at all

people know who gerald woodley is, but woodley was acquited of all charges and moved as far away from harlem as possible. his family still lives here but they don't have shit to do with it.
L's crew, the NFL crew, and other dudes in harlem who bumped his music and fucked with him because he was such a down to earth dude even though he was a superstar in europe at the time, and decently well known in new york at least.

#13 User is offline   Big A Icon

• Puttin' It On
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

^^yo kid harlem... can woodley ever come back to harlem?
Posted Image

I will not lose for even in defeat is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

#14 Guest_Kid Harlem_*

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

he probably can come back to harlem like a decade from now, when the guys L rolled with are well into their 40's, but as of now, hell fuckin no. he would get smoked anywhere in the viscinity of 40th

#15 User is offline   Big A Icon

• Puttin' It On
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Kid Harlem @ Sep 10 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he probably can come back to harlem like a decade from now, when the guys L rolled with are well into their 40's, but as of now, hell fuckin no. he would get smoked anywhere in the viscinity of 40th

but its not known for a fact that he did it, is it?

and does any1 know where he is now?
Posted Image

I will not lose for even in defeat is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

#16 Guest_Kid Harlem_*

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

^^people witnessed him kill L. the only people who didn't think he killed L was the fuckin jury. and nobody knows where he is but his fam probably. some people say he ran to jamaica cuz thats where his family's from

This post has been edited by Kid Harlem: 10 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

#17 User is offline   Markoveli Icon

• Settin' It Off
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

thats fuckin horrible. ... my god thats maaaaaad fucked up. poor L... kid didn't deserve that shit.

This post has been edited by Markoveli: 11 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Tical Icon

• Child of the Corner
  • Pip

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

Damn. This an old topic, but I aint know the shit went down like that. That's a fucked up way to die & be found. RIP L. May that nigga get what's coming to him.

#19 User is offline   The Big Sleep Icon

• Big L Rarities
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

Julia Richmond High School on 2nd & 67th, now the Julia Richmond Complex, where Big L met Trooper J (the picture is just the street, not the building itself since I don’t know the address):

The Bloodshed mural on 110th & 1st:

The Big L mural on 140th and Lenox:

#20 User is offline   BigLlover4life Icon

• Gettin' Yours
  • Pip
  • Interests:Reading, exercising, surfing the internet, languages, etc.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hey I left Harlem when I was 9, But the street looks like where I lived on 110th and St Nicholas Ave.
Love the Old School Rap, RnB 50's-90's, New Age Music (Kitaro), Arabic music of Umm Kulthum, Warda al Jazaaira, some classical as well. Much love to Big L, Tupac, Nas, Krs, Lauryn Hill, Big Daddy Kane, etc

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users